The Zotero plug-ins for MS Word and for LibreOffice allow you to add in-line citations and generate bibliographies in the citation style you need. After installing the Word plug-in, a Zotero menu should appear in your menu bar. You will want to make sure Zotero is running in a separate window to make sure Word can access your Zotero library. The Zotero plug-ins for MS Word and for LibreOffice allow you to add in-line citations and generate bibliographies in the citation style you need. After installing the Word plug-in, a Zotero menu should appear in your menu bar. You will want to make sure Zotero is running in a separate window to make sure Word can access your Zotero library. Zotero allows you to: Save references from library catalogs, research databases, and the Web. Add PDFs, images, audio and video files, snapshots of web pages, and more. Zotero (available for Mac, WIndows or Linux) is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite and share research. Zotero can synchronize your data across devices, keeping your notes, files, and bibliographic records seamlessly up to date. When the time comes to produce a bibliography, Zotero can make that so much easier too.
You cannot go wrong choosing any of the tools, but it helps if you take a few things into consideration before starting. Remember that you can switch between the tools, it just becomes less convenient the longer you use a tool and the more file attachments you collect.
Some reasons to choose Zotero:
- It gathers citation records for non-PDF and PDF content. Zotero's single-click capture works with many databases and websites, and works well with many catalogs, including WU Classic, MOBIUS, and WorldCat (FirstSearch interface)
- You can also enable the retrieval of PDF metadata, which allows you to create citation records just from dragging a PDF into Zotero.
- Zotero is open source and cannot be acquired by a company.
- *Pricing structure: Zotero follows the 'freemium' model: 300 MG for the free version with additional storage available for purchase
- For continuously updated Zotero information, downloading, and excellent help pages, and forums, check their website: https://www.zotero.org/support/.
- WUSTL Libraries has a helpful Zotero guide. In addition, the Libraries have more support available for the Zotero program. To make an appointment for help, see Zotero Help appointment button on your left.
Some reasons to choose Mendeley:
- Your research content is primarily contained in PDF files: Mendeley has an integrated PDF viewer and can create citation records just from importing a PDF file. Mendeley.org has the strongest website and community platform.
- Mendeley’s PDF viewer has excellent, easy-to-use, built-in capability. You may also edit with another Mendeley user simultaneously.
- Mendeley is owned by the for-profit publishing company Elsevier.
- *Pricing structure: Mendeley follows the 'freemium' model: 2 GB for the free version with additional storage available for purchase
- For continuously updated Mendeley information and excellent help pages, check their website: https://www.mendeley.com/guides.
Some reasons to choose EndNote:
- Zotero and Mendeley are relatively young tools when compared to EndNote. EndNote X9 offers some additional features that might be necessary for your discipline and work flow.
- There are two versions of Endnote -- a stand alone desktop program and EndNote Online, a cloud-based version. If you want to use both, they can be synced so that you have the same references (from a single desktop library) in both places.
- However, EndNote X9 is not free but can be purchased with a significant educational discount through the Washington University STS. Currently, EndNote for WUSTL students for $24. For purchasing information, go here: https://sts.wustl.edu/sas-mathematica-and-endnote-for-students/.
- For additional info, help pages, and videos about Endnote X9, check their thorough company guide: EndNote X9: https://clarivate.libguides.com/endnote_training/users/enx9
- To establish your free Endnote Online account use the following steps:
- Go to the Web Of Science from a computer connected to the campus network
- Click on the EndNote link at the top right of the page
- Click register on the pop up window
- Storage limit: EndNote online via the Web of Science provides 2GB of storage with upgrade packages available.
- Scroll down on this website to see a comparison of the two EndNote options: https://endnote.com/product-details/basic/
- This guide at WUSTL’s Becker Medical School is also a helpful resource.
Download Zotero from https://www.zotero.org/download/
Find millions of popular wallpapers and ringtones on ZEDGE™ and personalize your phone to suit you. Start your search now and free your phone. 11484 free ringtones in ' Voice' category 1. Voice ringtones. Get free Funny Ringtones / Voice ringtones. Get all the new funny stuff emailed each day.
1. Download the Zotero application for your operating system. If you plan to use Zotero with a word processor, close all word processing applications before running the installer.
Zotero Free Download
2. When installing the Zotero connector, the option you are given depends on which browser you are using to access the page. In the example above, I used Firefox to access the Zotero site, so it prompted me to install the Firefox connector. Connectors are also available for Chrome and Opera. Use those browsers to access the Zotero page if you want to install their connectors. You can add as many connectors as you want -- they will all connect to your Zotero application.
Zotero Chrome Extension
Note: Safari 12 will no longer support Safari extensions distributed directly by developers. There is a workaround for using Zotero with Safari, but it will not have the full functionality available with other browsers. Zotero is beta-testing a Zotero connector for Safari 13. More information is available on the Zotero forum.