XnView MP est un puissant explorateur, visualiseur et convertisseur d'images, multi-plateforme, compatible avec plus de 500 formats. XnView MP/Classic is a free Image Viewer to easily open and edit your photo file. The Image Viewer supports all major image formats (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WEBP, PSD, JPEG2000, OpenEXR, camera RAW, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2). Download older versions of XnView MP for Mac. All of the older versions of XnView MP have no viruses and are totally free on Uptodown.
Screenshot of XnView showing a .png image with transparency
|Original author(s)||Pierre-Emmanuel Gougelet|
|Initial release||1.06 / 1998; 23 years ago (Linux, IRIX)|
|Operating system||Windows, Windows Mobile, Linux, macOS|
|Platform||x86, ARM, MIPS, SH3|
|Size||4.4 to 25.3 MB|
|Available in||46 languages|
|License||Freeware for private, educational or non-profit use; otherwise commercial software|
XnView is an image organizer and general-purpose file manager used for viewing, converting, organizing and editing raster images, as well as general purpose file management. It comes with built-in hex inspection, batch renaming and screen capture tools. It is licensed as freeware for private, educational and non-profit uses. For other uses, it is licensed as commercial software.
Although originally deployed only on Unix-like systems, it is now also available for Windows, Windows Mobile and Pocket PC. An extended version of XnView, called XnViewMP, is available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
XnView has received five cows from Tucows. In 2006 Sveriges Television (SVT) recommended XnView in their High Definition Multi Format Test Set. Research papers about DICOM and digital watermarking used XnView for image processing.
XnView is customisable and multi-lingual. XnView can read more than 500 image file formats, some audio and video file formats, and write 50 image file formats. XnView also supports ICC profiles in JPEG, PNG and TIFF files. Classic XnView can read image formats resulting in more than 32 bits per pixel, but write support is limited to 32 bits.
XnView can show IPTC, Exif and XMPmetadata, and write IPTC metadata (It can also do batch writing of IPTC metadata). It can write XMP metadata partly together with IPTC metadata. It also supports file comments (4DOS
descript.ion). XnView can search files that have the same filename or data, and can search for similar graphics as well.
Xnviewmp Vs Xnview
The display of the histogram of a picture is possible. Scripts can be created to convert, manipulate and rename a batch of images in one go. Creation of advanced slide shows is also possible. Lossless (without new encoding) turning, flipping and cropping of JPEG files is supported.
Typical image editing tools are included, for instance color and size manipulation, several filters and effects. XnView supports
.8bfPhotoshop plugins such as the Harry's Filters 3.0 included in the full version. Support for most raw image formats is based on dcraw.
Support for vector graphics (EPS, PS, PDF) can be integrated with Ghostscript. Classic XnView does not support Unicode, and SVG requires a commercial CAD plugin. These features are available in the multi-platform edition XnView MP based on Qt.
Classic XnView is also distributed in the PortableApps format. XnView 2.13 (2013) was the last version for Windows platforms older than Windows XP. Version 2.30 released in 2015 supports the Netpbm PAM format, can read Better Portable Graphics, and offers an add-on for Imgur uploads. As of 2018 XnView also supported HEIF and FLIF. N track studio download app.
The author published various other products using the classic or the multi-platform XnView code base, some examples are:
- XnViewMP — the designated successor of classic XnView, current version 0.98.2
- Nview — the DOS4GW predecessor of XnView
- NConvert — command-line batch convert tool (32-bit or 64-bit)
- XnConvert — GUI batch convert tool (Linux, macOS, Windows), current version 1.90
- Xn — apps for iOS and Android (XnRetro, Sketch Me!, Gif Me!, Hypocam, ..)
- XnShell — File Explorer / Windows Explorer shell extension (32-bit or 64-bit)
- GFL-SDK — free developer library used in tools by third parties
- ^ ab'XnView formats'. XnView.com. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- ^'Downloads for older platforms'. XnView.com. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- ^ abc'XnViewMP v0.98.2 (Windows/Mac OS X/Linux)'. XnView.com. 2021-02-26. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- ^Michael E, Callahan (2007-09-05). 'Picks: Reviews of programs that convert graphics, work with audio files'. Tucows. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- ^Lars Haglund (February 2006). 'The SVT High Definition Multi Format Test Set'(PDF). SVT. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
For viewing the original ‘sgi16’ files we recommend the use of XnView
- ^Edward J. Escott, David Rubinstein (September 2003). 'Free DICOM Image Viewing and Processing Software for Your Desktop Computer: What's Available and What It Can Do for You'. Radiographics. RSNA. 23 (5): 1341–1357. doi:10.1148/rg.235035047. PMID12975521.
- ^E Ganic, AM Eskicioglu (2004). Robust DWT-SVD domain image watermarking: embedding data in all frequencies. Proceedings of the 2004 workshop on Multimedia and security. ACM. pp. 166–174. ISBN978-1-58113-854-2.
- ^'Extending IPTC / EXIF / XMP batch editing'. XnView.com. 2006. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- ^'XnView Portable'. PortableApps. 2017-05-24. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- ^Pierre-Emmanuel Gougelet (2015-02-19). 'XnView 2.30'. XnView.com. Archived from the original on 2015-02-20. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
BPG format read support
- ^Pierre-Emmanuel Gougelet (2018-05-31). 'XnView 2.45'. XnView.com. Archived from the original on 2018-12-19. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- ^'XnView old Download'. 2002-12-03. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
Nview/Nconvert & View2 v3.87
- ^'GFL SDK Software Development Kit Version 3.40'. XnView.com. 2011. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to XnView.|
I have just donwloaded and installed XnViewMP on my Kubuntu 12.10, 64Bits into /opt. I can find the program starter as expected under Graphic.