- XIT Paving is a full-service paving and logistics company who has completed many jobs throughout Texas! A few things we handle: Slipform Concrete Paving. No slipform concrete paving project is too big or too small. XIT is a full service paving company that works on all types of concrete.
- Find the latest iSHARES SP TSX CAPPED INFO TECH (XIT.TO) stock quote, history, news and other vital information to help you with your stock trading and investing.
We will analyze the data that you have provided and get back to you with a range of properties matching your search criteria.
We will provide you with comparable sale information for your neighborhood and a range of approximate values for your home.
If you are interested in listing your property for sale, complete some preliminary information to get the process started.
About XIT Real Estate
XIT Real Estate is the premier destination for those who are looking for Dalhart, TX real estate to purchase or to rent, as well as those who are looking to list their properties for sale. I have the experience and the passion needed to help you with all of your Dalhart, TX real estate needs.
Our philosophy is that the client should always come first, and the commission is second. I truly want you to be happy with your experience whether you are buying or selling, or you are looking for a Dalhart, TX rental. Real estate can be very stressful, and we work hard to eliminate the stress our clients feel. When you work with XIT Real Estate, we take care of the hard work, and we help you find the properties that will be right for you and your family.
Check out our current inventory of homes for sale in Dalhart, Texas
310 Rock Island
310 Rock Island, Dalhart, Texas 79022
A Brief History of the XIT Ranch
XIT Ranch has a colorful and interesting history. During the 1880s, it was the largest ranch in the world, which also happened to be entirely fenced. It incorporated 1,500 miles of fencing around the perimeter of the massive ranch. XIT, which started its operations as a ranch in 1885, was so large that it stretched across many counties including Baily, Castro, Cochran, Dallam, Deaf Smith, Hartley, Hockley, Lamb, Oldham, and Parmer.
There is a myth that the name XIT actually stood for Ten in Texas, as it was covered parts of the ten aforementioned counties. However, there is another legend as to how they came up with the name for the ranch. As with many ranches of the day, they needed to have a brand made to help reduce the problems with cattle rustling. Using XIT as the brand was difficult for rustlers to reproduce, so that is quite likely the reason it is called the XIT Ranch. Whichever version might be true, both are certainly interesting.
XIT is a Native Americanrock band that released two albums in the 1970s on the Motown label. The band had previously released an LP as 'Lincoln Street Exit' on the Mainstream label in early 1970.
XIT, originally based in Albuquerque, New Mexico was founded by A. Michael Martinez (singer and lead guitar on Plight), Mac Suazo (narrator and bass on Plight), Lee Herrerra (drums on Plight), and R. C. Gariss (2nd lead guitar on Plight). The most recent members of XIT were, Willie Bluehouse Johnson (Lead guitar) P.J. West (Drums, percussion to include timpani), Louie Running Wolf (bass guitar) and Jim Boyd (lead guitar). Original Xit has released 6 CDs since 2006, 'eXit From the REZ' (2006), 'No eXit' (2007), 'eXit nOw' (2008), 'neXt eXit' (2009), 'The Red Album' (2010) and 'Forty Years' (2011). Obie Sullivan played keyboards 1971-1975.
'XIT' stands for 'crossing of Indian Tribes', according to Tom Bee. Their music often addresses themes of historic and contemporary Native American issues. Their initial recording, 1972's Plight of the Redman, is a concept album about the changes in Native American life since the arrival of Columbus.
- Plight of the Redman, 1972
- Silent Warrior, 1973
- Entrance, 1974 (Lincoln Street Exit; early work from the sixties)
- Rainbow Rider, 1976 (A Firedrum Production, Produced & Directed By Tom Bee)
- Relocation, 1978
- Drums Across the Atlantic, 1985 (Recorded February 6, 1981 - The Tropica Club, Luzern, Switzerland)
- Without Reservation, 2002
- eXit From the REZ, 2006
- No eXit, 2007
- eXit nOw, 2008
- neXt eXit, 2009
- Wanted Alive, 2009
- The Red Album, 2010
- Forty Years, 2011
- ^Rowlands, Lucinda (November 20, 2002). ''Without Reservation' by XIT'. Indian Country Today. Archived from the original on 2007-10-08. Retrieved 2007-11-01.