Viscosity varies greatly) Starches & Gums: Corn Starch Sol 22°B 1.18: 32 T: Corn Starch Sol 25°B 1.21: 300 T: Sugar, Syrups, Molasses Corn Syrup 41 Be: 1.39 15,000. Viscosity is defined as the quantity that represents a fluid’s resistance to flow. To put it in more simple terms, viscosity is the friction between the molecules of the fluid. We usually relate to the viscosity of a liquid by measuring the “thickness”. The viscosity of a fluid is a measure of its resistance to deformation at a given rate. For liquids, it corresponds to the informal concept of 'thickness': for example, syrup has a higher viscosity than water.
Online calculator, figures and tables showing dynamic (absolute) and kinematic viscosity of air at temperatures ranging from -100 to 1600°C (-150 to 2900°F) at pressure ranging from 1 to 10 000 bara (14.5 - 145000 psia) - SI and Imperial Units
The viscosity of a fluid is a measure of its resistance to gradual deformation by shear stress or tensile stress.
For further definitions, go to Absolute (dynamic) and kinematic viscosity. Wondershare data recovery for mac free. Absolute or dynamic viscosity is used to calculate Reynold's Number to determine if a fluid flow is laminar, transient or turbulent.
Tabulated values and viscosity units conversion are given below the figures.
Online Air Viscosity Calculator
The calculator below can be used to calculate air dynamic or kinematic viscosity at given temperatures and atmospheric pressure.
The output dynamic viscosity is given as Pa*s, N*s/m2, cP, mPa*s, lbf*s/ft2 and lbm/(ft*h),
while the kinematic viscosity is given as cSt, m2/s, and ft2/s
Note! Temperature must be within the ranges -100 - 1600 °C, -150 - 2900 °F, 175 - 1900 K and 310-3400 °R to get valid values.
- Gases and Compressed Air - Air, LNG, LPG and other common gas properties, pipeline capacities, sizing of relief valves
- Material Properties - Material properties for gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more
- Viscosity - Documents giving viscosity of different kind of chemical species at varying conditions
- Air Psychrometrics - The study of moist and humid air - psychrometric charts, Mollier diagrams, air-condition temperatures and absolute and relative humidity and moisture content
- Fluid Mechanics - The study of fluids - liquids and gases. Involves velocity, pressure, density and temperature as functions of space and time
- Absolute or Dynamic Viscosity Online Converter - Convert between dynamic or absolute viscosity units - Poiseuille, Poise, centPoise and more
- Absolute, Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Dynamic, absolute and kinematic viscosities - convert between CentiStokes (cSt), centipoises (cP), Saybolt Universal Seconds (SSU) and degree Engler
- Air - Composition and Molecular Weight - Dry air is a mechanical mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, argon and several other gases in minor amounts
- Air - Density at varying pressure and constant temperatures - Figures and tables showing changes in air density at pressure varying from 1 to 10 000 bara (14.5 - 145000 psi) and constant, selected temperatures. Figures are given in different scales.
- Air - Density, Specific Weight and Thermal Expansion Coefficient at Varying Temperature and Constant Pressures - Online calculator, figures and tables showing density, specific weight and thermal expansion coefficient of air at temperatures ranging -100 to 1600 °C (-140 to 2900 °F) at atmospheric and higher pressure - Imperial and SI Units
- Air - Diffusion Coefficients of Gases in Excess of Air - Diffusion coefficients, D12, for gases in large excess of air at temperature varying from 0 - 400 °C
- Air - Molecular Weight and Composition - Dry air is a mixture of gases where the average molecular weight (or molar mass) can be calculated by adding the weight of each component
- Air - Prandtl Number - Figures and table showing changes in Prandtl number for air with changes in temperature and pressure
- Air - Properties at Gas-Liquid Equilibrium Conditions - Figures and tables showing how the properties of air changes along the boiling and condensation curves (temperature and pressure between triple point and critical point conditions). An air phase diagram are also given.
- Air - Specific Heat at Constant Pressure and Varying Temperature - Online calculator, figures and tables showing how specific heat (Cp and Cv) of dry air vary with temperature at different pressures, SI and imperial units
- Air - Specific Heat at Constant Temperature and Varying Pressure - Figures and table showing isobaric (Cp) and isochoric (Cv) specific heat of air at constant temperature and varying pressure ranging 0.01 to 10000 bara
- Air - Thermal Conductivity - Online calculator, figures and tables showing air thermal conductivity at varying temperature and pressure, SI and imperial units.
- Air - Thermal Diffusivity - Figures and tables showing dry air thermal diffusivity at varying temperarure and pressure, SI and Imperial units
- Air - Thermophysical Properties - Thermal properties of air - density, viscosity, critical temperature and pressure, triple point, enthalpi and entropi, thermal conductivity and diffusicity, and more
- Air Conditioning - Cooling of Air and Generated Condensate - Water may condensate when air is cooled in an air conditioning system
- Air Humidity Ratio - The ratio between the mass of water vapor present in moist air - to the mass of dry air
- Air Solubility in Water - Amount of air that can be dissolved in water - decreases with temperature and increases with pressure
- Benzene - Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Online calculator, figures and table showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of benzene, C6H6, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units
- Butane - Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Online calculators, figures and tables showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of liquid and gaseous butane, C4H10, at varying temperarure and pressure, SI and Imperial units
- Compressed Air Pressure Drop Diagrams - Metric Units - Pressure drop in compressed air pipe lines
- Dry Air Properties - Dry air properties at temperatures ranging 175 - 1900 K - specific heat, ratio of specific heats, dynamic viscosity, thermal conductivity, Prandtl number, density and kinematic viscosity
- Dynamic or Absolute Viscosity Converting Chart - Dynamic viscosity converting chart with units like Poiseuille - Poise - centiPoise and more
- Ethanol - Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Online calculator, figures and tables showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of ethanol, C2H5OH, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units
- Ethylene - Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Online calculator, figures and tables showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of ethylene, C2H4, also called ethene or acetene, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units
- Kinematic Viscosity - Online Converter - Convert between different kinematic viscosity units - centistokes, poise, lentor and more
- Methane - Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Online calculator, figures and tables showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of methane, CH4, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units
- Moisture Holding Capacity of Air - Moisture holding capacity of air increases with temperature
- Oxygen - Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Online calculator, figures and tables showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of oxygen, O2, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units
- Propane - Dynamic and Kinematic Viscosity - Online calculators, figures and tables showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of liquid and gaseous propane at varying temperarure and pressure, SI and Imperial units
- Specific Volume of Moist Air - Specific volume is defined as the total volume of humid air per mass unit of dry air
- Steam Viscosity - Absolute viscosity of steam at pressure ranging 1 - 10000 psia
- Viscosity Converting Chart - Convert between the viscosity units Centiposes, milliPascal, CentiStokes and SSU
- Water Vapor in Air - Weight of water vapor in air
Viscosity Chart For Common Fluids
- en: air viscosity dynamic absolute kinematic temperature
- es: viscosidad cinemática del aire temperatura absoluta dinámica
- de: Luft Viskosität dynamisch absoluten kinematischen Temperatur