MOPS at Mounty We invite you to come along and recharge your batteries mentally, physically and spiritually. Being a mama is hard work and we need to find moments to fill our cup, encourage others, learn from one another, be inspired and be nurtured to keep. Full respect and credit to onefour.
Mounty Island Villas is a villa located in Lazaráta, 5.6 mi from Lefkada Town. The villa is equipped with air conditioning and free WiFi. Free private parking is available on site.
Towels and bed linen are offered in this self-catering accommodations. There is a private bathroom with a shower.
Preveza is 14 mi from Mounty Island Villas, while Alexandros is 1.6 mi away. The nearest airport is Aktion Airport, 12 mi from Mounty Island Villas.
When would you like to stay?
Facilities of Mounty Island Villas
- WiFi in all areas
Pool and Spa
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor pool (seasonal)
- Swimming pool toys
- Pool with view
- Shallow end
- Swimming pool
Front Desk Services
- Invoice provided
- Sun deck
- Non-smoking rooms
- Smoke-free property
- Air conditioning
Safety & security
- Smoke alarms
Download shuttle: speed boost. WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Policies of Mounty Island Villas
These are general hotel policies for Mounty Island Villas. As they may vary per room type, please also check the room conditions.
From 16:00 hours
Until 10:00 hours
Cancellation / Prepayment
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to property type.
Children and Extra Beds
Free!One child under 5 years stays free of charge in a crib.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
The maximum number of total guests in a room is 2.
The maximum number of cribs in a room is 1.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- No credit cards accepted, only cash
The property reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards prior to arrival.
See all reviews
Monty Oum at PAX 2013
June 22, 1981
Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.
|Died||February 1, 2015 (aged 33)|
|Occupation||Animator, screenwriter, animation director, voice actor|
|Employer||Rooster Teeth Productions|
|Spouse(s)||Sheena Duquette Oum (m. 2014–2015; his death) |
Monyreak 'Monty' Oum (/oʊm/OHM; June 22, 1981 – February 1, 2015) was an American web-based animator and writer.
Oum attracted attention within the gaming community after releasing an animated video in 2007, titled Haloid, where characters from two popular franchises fight, which went viral. In October of the same year, he released a follow-up, Dead Fantasy. Oum began working for Rooster Teeth, serving as the lead animator for Red vs. Blue, and creating the original animated series RWBY.
Oum suffered from a severe allergic reaction and fell into a coma in January 2015. He died on February 1, 2015 in Austin, Texas.
Oum was born in Providence, Rhode Island in 1981. He was of Cambodian, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese heritage. He had four older brothers and two older sisters. As a teenager, he was a student at New Urban Arts, a community art studio for high school students in Providence.
Oum dropped out of high school and began putting together fan videos as early as 2002. In January 2007, he discovered some reverse engineering techniques online that allowed him to extract models from Halo 2 and, utilizing assets from Super Smash Bros. Melee, created the 'ultimate showdown' between a SPARTAN (Halo) and Samus Aran (Metroid) in Haloid, a portmanteau of their respective franchises. The videos garnered a significant number of views online. Later in 2007, Oum produced a series in which characters from Final Fantasy and Dead or Alive fight.
Two months after the premiere of Haloid, many gaming companies sought Oum, and he was eventually hired by Midway Games as a combat designer. In 2008 he was hired by Namco Bandai Games as a combat designer and animator for Afro Samurai. The brief experience in the gaming industry frustrated Oum, and in 2009, he met Rooster Teeth co-founder Burnie Burns at a panel during San Diego Comic-Con International and the two discussed the possibility of Monty working for the company. It wasn't until PAX East 2010 that it was announced that Oum had been hired as an animator for the company's long-running web series Red vs. Blue.
His next work, the animated series RWBY, featured highly involved and fantastical combat sequences between super-powered characters that garnered a following online.RWBY was a commercial success for Rooster Teeth, and critical reviews highlighted the high quality of its animated fight scenes. Two seasons of the show were produced, with a third in production at the time of Oum's death in early 2015. The show has now run for eight seasons, with a ninth in production.
Mounty On The Bounty
In January 2015, Oum suffered an unspecified severe allergic reaction during an unspecified 'simple medical procedure'. On January 30, Rooster Teeth co-founder Burnie Burns stated that Oum was 'in critical care and it is not known if he will recover'. A donation page was set up for the medical expenses on GoFundMe, which received over $210,000. On February 1, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Oum reportedly died as a result of said allergic reaction.
|2007||Haloid||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Producer, cinematographer, editor, visual effects|
|2009||Afro Samurai||Yes||Additional designer|
|2010–12||Red vs. Blue||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Cinematographer|
|2013||Internet Box Panel, RTX 2013||Yes||Yes||P. F. Chang's Deliveryman|
|2013–15||RWBY||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Creator, voice of Ren (Volumes 1 and 2)|
|Year||Award||Category||Title of work||Result|
|2014||Streamy Awards||Best Animated (Channel, Show or Series)||RWBY||Won|
|2014||International Academy of Web Television||Best Animated Series||RWBY||Won|
|2012||Producers Guild of America||Outstanding Digital Series||Red vs. Blue||Nominated|
- ^'r/roosterteeth - I am Sheena Duquette Oum. Ask me anything'. reddit. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- ^'Rooster Teeth · Farewell Monty'. Rooster Teeth. Archived from the original on 27 Oct 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- ^Slotnik, Daniel E. (February 3, 2015). 'Monty Oum, Web-Series Animator, Dies at 33'. New York Times. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- ^Oum, Monty (2013-06-15). ''@ShawnaKhut: @montyoum Quick question. What's your nationality?' I am Cambodian, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese! :)'. @montyoum. Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- ^Oum, Monty (6 October 2012). 'Passing'. montyoum.net. Archived from the original on 28 September 2018. Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- ^Denmead, Tyler, 1976- (2019-11-08). The creative underclass : youth, race, and the gentrifying city. Durham. ISBN978-1-4780-0659-6. OCLC1083466366.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- ^Sweet, Meredith (2009-07-07). 'GD at AX: Interview with Monty Oum'. Gaming Dead. Archived from the original on 2015-02-02. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- ^Ryzik, Melena (2015-02-04). 'An Animator's Death Releases a Flood of Sadness (Published 2015)'. The New York Times. ISSN0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- ^Kietzmann, Ludwig (October 3, 2007). 'Haloid creator mashes up Final Fantasy and Dead or Alive Joystiq'. Joystiq. Archived from the original on September 12, 2014. Retrieved December 23, 2020.
- ^ abSolomon, Dan. 'The Full Monty' (July 19, 2013), Austin Chronicle
- ^Monkelban, Andrew (2009-07-29). 'Monty Oum – Hail to the King'. Popten. Archived from the original on 2015-02-03. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- ^Dean, Sam (2010-04-21). 'Monty Oum Interview (PAX East 2010)'. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- ^Burns, Burnie (2010-03-29). 'Monty Oum signs on with Rooster Teeth'. Red vs. Blue. Rooster Teeth Productions. Archived from the original on 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- ^Ryzik, Melena (February 4, 2015). 'An Animator's Death Releases a Flood of Sadness'. New York Times. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
For fans of a certain kind of animation, Monty Oum was the Wizard — and the King, the Knight and the Pawn, all rolled into one. Millions of people watched his web series “Red vs. Blue” and “RWBY.”
- ^Pedersen, Erik; Bloom, David (3 February 2015). 'Monty Oum Dies: Rooster Teeth Animation Director, 'RWBY' Creator Was 33'. deadline.com. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- ^Eisenbeis, Richard (November 11, 2014). 'Another Season of RWBY Means More Epic Fights'. Kotaku. Retrieved December 24, 2020.
- ^Collins, Clark (September 16, 2020). 'Watch the trailer for 'RWBY' Volume 8'. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 23, 2020.
- ^Burns, Burnie (January 30, 2015). 'Monty Oum hospitalized'. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- ^Klepek, Patrick (February 2, 2015). 'Rooster Teeth Animator Monty Oum Dies At 33'. Kotaku. Gawker Media. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monty Oum.|
- Monty Oum at IMDb
- Monty Oum on Twitter