Manuscript definition, the original text of an author's work, handwritten or now usually typed, that is submitted to a publisher. Manuscripts Manuscripts Department. Whether or not the authors of letters, diaries, records, and reports fully recognized it at the time, they were recording eye-witness history — creating the materials that researchers use today to study the social, political, cultural history of Illinois and the Midwest. More medieval books survive from the Middle Ages than any other artistic medium. Manuscripts Department Whether or not the authors of letters, diaries, records, and reports fully recognized it at the time, they were recording eye-witness history — creating the materials that researchers use today to study the social, political, cultural history of Illinois and the Midwest.
Research is collaborative and dynamic.
Word processors are not. Manuscripts is a collaborative authoring tool built specifically to support scientific content and reproducibility, from the moment a project begins.
Manuscripts Don't Burn
Plan and organise writing
Save time planning and formatting your work by utilizing one of over 1,300 built-in journal submission templates. Or, upload an existing file, start a blank document, or reformat one manuscript into another template automatically. Manuscripts structured documents support scientific work from the start.
Collaborate in real time
Invite and collaborate with coauthors live within Manuscripts. No more reconciling multiple versions - work alongside each other, leave comments, or work offline and sync your changes later.
Execute and verify
Include mathematical equations, code, and data and execute figures live with a behind-the-scenes Jupyter computational notebook integration. Make your work reproducible from the very beginning by including all the elements of your research in Manuscripts.
All the research features you need in one app
Colorcast podcast network. Write better research with Manuscripts.
- Format citations and bibliography automatically.
- Footnotes and endnotes.
- Multi-panel figures and tables.
- Equations and inline math with LaTeX support.
- Syntax-highlighted code snippets.
- Menu and keyboard shortcuts for most actions.
- Share document using links (read-write and read-only).
- Invite and manage roles of collaborators.
- Collaboratively format author lists with contributions and affiliations.
- Manage styles associated with paragraph types, figures, tables, equations.
- Use templates that bundle together a set of styles and content requirements.
- Import Markdown, Word, and LaTeX.
- Export Markdown, Word, LaTeX, and PDF.
- Directly submit your manuscripts to hundreds of journals in one click.
- Support for JATSXML and HTML-first publishing workflows.
- Annotate paragraphs, figures, tables, equations, code listings and citations.
- Include quotes in annotation comments.
- Mention keywords with #hashtags in annotation comments.
- Mention contributors with @mentions in annotation comments.
- Search for and add citations easily from CrossRef, PubMed, Datacite.
- View and share references in a library across documents and projects.
- Format citations and references in over 8,000 styles.
- Outline: navigate, manipulate document structure using an outline view of it.
- Smart gutter: shortcut actions for fast access to key editor features.
Free and open
Research is increasingly free and open to build on – research tools should be, too.
Manuscripts is modular: it is a product made of a series of separable components that can also be used to extend or create other systems.
One account for all your research
Manuscripts is part of Connect. By signing up for Manuscripts, you get access to all of Atypon's apps for discovering, organising, writing, and publishing research.
A simple writing tool for complex documents. Built for collaboration and scholarship.
To be connected soon
Have a question?
Contact us via [email protected]