Sharpening works by increasing contrast at edges in the image.
Remember to reduce image noise before sharpening so that you don’t intensify the noise.
The best way to sharpen an image is by using separate layers.
Make separate layers for noise reduction and high pass filter.
- Download the GIMP Portable 2.10.14 for free here! We have google drive, mega cloud and direct download link so you can choose any option to download. Just select any of it to download. Before you download GIMP Portable 2.10.14 please checkout its features.
- GIMP's features are virtually the same as those of any current image editor: layer system, alpha channels, operation history, selection and transformation tools, masks, gradients, and so on. You can also use GIMP to convert images between formats, batch process files, compose vector images, or edit motion graphics formats.
- Ever since GIMP 2.10.14, we are now able to see the out-of-canvas area. Consequently, many features can now work outside the canvas, yet not all features yet. This change is the continuation of this work, allowing you to snap various tools to guides, grids or vectors, even outside the canvas.
A new version of the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) 2.10 stable series was released recently - 2.10.14. This release includes a new 'Show All' view mode that shows pixels outside the canvas boundary, new 'Image' transform type, and more. I got printing size problem in A6 and A3+ (other formats not checked) with GIMP 2.10.14 (and previous vesion). My printer is an Epson SC-P600 / Windows 7. When using the command 'File.
1. Open Image.
Navigate through your folders in the Places panel and the Name panel until your images' name appears in the Name panel.
Click the image you want to open then click the Open button.
For this GIMP tutorial, I'll use this image, 1282309, that I downloaded from Pixabay.
Use View> Zoom>1:1 (100%).
This option maximizes the image.
Go to Layer>Duplicate Layer or else just press Shift+Ctrl+D.
This creates a new perfect copy of the currently active layer just above.
We will apply the Noise Reduction filter to this duplicate layer.
You can name this duplicate layer with “Noise Reduction”.
This will open the Noise Reduction pop-up window.
Enter a value for the Strength through the up and down arrows.
If you're not happy with the result, you can quickly undo a step at any time by going to Edit>Undo or else just pressing Ctrl+Z.
Experiment with different values and discover values that work best for your image.
Once you are satisfied with the result, click 'OK' to apply it to the image.
Make sure the High Pass filter layer is on top position.
Use Filter>Enhance>High Pass Filter.
Experiment with different Std.Dev and Contrast value.
We want to increase contrast only along the edges.
The “Save Image” dialog will appear, allowing you to type your document's name in the “Name” box and save it.
You should save it using the extension “.xcf”. XCF is GIMP's native format, and is useful because it stores everything about your image and will allow you to later edit your image in GIMP, in case you notice a problem.
Once you have finished, you will probably also want to export the image in a more widely used format, such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, etc.
More on GIMP Tutorials:
GIMP is a digital photo manipulation tool for Windows (and many other platforms) that’s considered to be the open source (free) answer to Adobe Photoshop. Like Photoshop, GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching, image composition, image construction, and has many other capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, and so much more.
GIMP is amazingly expandable and extensible – it is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
One of GIMP's strengths is its free availability from many sources for many operating systems. So, if you don’t want to pay the price for Photoshop, GIMP is definitely the app for you!
Video2brain. GIMP features:
Gimp 2.10.14 Won't Open
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, and more – including the support of custom brushes & patterns
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear, flip, and more
- Supports a variety of selection tools such as rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, and more
- Supports many file formats – including bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and more
- Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections
- Supports a virtually unlimited number of images open at one time
- Load, display, convert, and save to many different file formats
GIMP 2.10.14 changelog:
- Basic out-of-canvas pixels viewing and editing
- Optional editing of layers with disabled visibility
- Foreground Select tool: new Grayscale Preview Mode
- Newly added Normal Map filter
- 27 old filters ported to use GEGL buffers
- HEIF, TIFF, and PDF support improvements
- Better loading of corrupted XCF files
- Grayscale workflows order of magnitude faster
- macOS Catalina compatibility
- 45 bugfixes, 22 translation updates
Gimp For Mac Catalina
Download: GIMP 2.10.14 Update 2 220.0 MB (Open Source)
View: GIMP Website Release Notes GIMP Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware