- Deliver and maintain services, like tracking outages and protecting against spam, fraud, and abuse
- Measure audience engagement and site statistics to understand how our services are used
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of ads
- Show personalized content, depending on your settings
- Show personalized or generic ads, depending on your settings, on Google and across the web
For non-personalized content and ads, what you see may be influenced by things like the content you’re currently viewing and your location (ad serving is based on general location). Personalized content and ads can be based on those things and your activity like Google searches and videos you watch on YouTube. Personalized content and ads include things like more relevant results and recommendations, a customized YouTube homepage, and ads that are tailored to your interests.
- DODO is the governance token for DODO exchange. To participate in governance, users will have to convert DODO into vDODO at the fixed rate of 100 DODO = 1 vDODO. VDODO tokens will give holders dividends from trading fees and membership rewards. Redeeming vDODO tokens to DODO tokens will incur a variable exit fee.
- Get help finding coolest, most unique gifts for men, women & kids that no one else knows about. In 2020, it turns out Good Gifts Do Exist™.
What's available for you? Apple garageband. Enter your home address to view available plans.
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A large flightless bird (Raphus cucullatus) with a hooked beak that inhabited the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean until it became extinct in the late 1600s.
2. Informal One who is out-of-date, as in dress or ideas.
[Portuguese dodó, alteration of obsolete Dutch dodors : Dutch dot, tuft of feathers + obsolete Dutch ors, tail (from Middle Dutch ærs; see ors- in Indo-European roots).]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) any flightless bird, esp Raphus cucullatus, of the recently extinct family Raphidae of Mauritius and adjacent islands: order Columbiformes (pigeons, etc). They had a hooked bill, short stout legs, and greyish plumage. See also ratite
2. informal an intensely conservative or reactionary person who is unaware of changing fashions, ideas, etc
3. (as) dead as a dodo (of a person or thing) irretrievably defunct or out of date
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
do•do (ˈdoʊ doʊ) n., pl. -dos, -does.
1. a large, extinct, flightless bird, Raphus cucullatus, of the pigeon family, formerly inhabiting Mauritius.
[1620–30; < Portuguese doudo, fool, madman]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Comes from Portuguese doudo, 'fool, simpleton,' from the bird's awkward appearance.
Farlex Trivia Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
|Noun||1.||dodo - someone whose style is out of fashion|
fogey, fogy, fossil
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
golden ager, old person, oldster, senior citizen - an elderly person
|2.||dodo - extinct heavy flightless bird of Mauritius related to pigeons|
columbiform bird - a cosmopolitan order of land birds having small heads and short legs with four unwebbed toes
genus Raphus, Raphus - type genus of the Raphidae: dodos
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
(dodos or dodoes (pl)
2. (US) (= fool) → bobo/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(= silly person) → andouillef
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
(US inf: = silly person) → Trottelm (inf)
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
a. (Zool) → dodo
as dead as a dodo → morto/a e sepolto/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
Link to this page: